We invite you to join us for a panel discussion hosted by the Vice Provost of Faculty Affairs, Faculty Senate, and the Resident Scholar for Teaching and Professional Faculty, Laura Sponsler. This panel will serve as a space for Teaching and Professional Track Faculty across campus to share resources and experiences about the promotion process set forth in DU’s Policies and Procedures Relating to Faculty Appointment, Promotion, & Tenure (aka, “the APT document”), approved by the Board of Trustees in 2015.
Panelists will address the following questions:
- If you could describe the narrative arc of your career as a Teaching and Professional Faculty member, what would you say?
- Share one highlight and one challenge in going through the promotion process.
- How did mentors, colleagues, and peers support your promotion process?
- Can you share some examples of evidence you provided (Example frameworks found here) as part of your dossier?
- What advice do you have for faculty going through the promotion process?
- Paula Adamo, Teaching Professor, College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences
- Paul Michalec, Clinical Professor, Morgridge College of Education
- Michael Talamantes, Clinical Professor, Graduate School of Social Work
- Heather Martin, Teaching Professor, Writing