This is an open call for applications for faculty to be Featured Faculty speakers at DU’s 2021 Homecoming and Opening of the Community Commons. Faculty will be invited to give a one-hour “last lecture” on October 6, 2021.
This lecture could be in line with Randy Pausch’s Last Lecture or could be a “last lecture” focusing on sharing the key points of your research and creative and scholarly contributions with our community. This open call is open to all full-time appointed faculty members in all lines (Tenured, Tenure-track, and Teaching and Professional Faculty) from all colleges on campus. The criteria for selection include:
- Commitment to presenting a community-centered talk to engage with all DU constituents (faculty, staff, students, alumni, parents, friends, and community members)
- Commitment to justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Commitment to the public good
- Length of time at the institution
Faculty should complete the following Qualtrics survey to apply and include the following information:
- Title of Presentation
- Abstract to be included in marketing materials (2-3 sentences)
- Brief description of proposed talk (250 words)
Applications are due Monday, September 20, 2021. Three selected faculty will receive official recognition as a Featured Faculty speaker and an honorarium. Questions can be directed to Laura Sponsler, Clinical Associate Professor, Higher Education and 4D Faculty Co-Director, 4D Experience.