The VPFA has a full-time staff of 2.25, so our work is only made possible with the collaboration of our fabulous graduate students and faculty partners. This includes the faculty fellows and research scholars, but also the human “glue” that holds together campus initiatives and communities. We’d like to honor the recent contributions of:
- Hava Gorden, Keith Ward, Erin Elzi, and Ryan Gildersleeve for hosting “Think and Drink” events on faculty workload; and Jenn Bellamy and Deb Ortega for hosting two more on Covid-19 impact on faculty success and well-being.
- Eleanor McNees, for continuing the work of the MOARS Symposium group by collaborating on an upcoming event and website supporting retirement.
- Libby Catchings, for coordinating Spring Writing Accountability Groups to support faculty writing.
- Keith Ward and Christina Kreps for sharing how their programs use a dashboard to move toward workload equity.
- Hinckley Ann Jones-Sanpei for her supportive collegiality at “New Faculty First Fridays.”
- Cecilia Orphan for introducing KerryAnn O’Meara at the first Provost Conference event.
- Jack Buffington, Mike Hoa Nguyen, Ashley Hamilton, Kerstin Haring, and Kathryn Fox for their very generous sharing of tips and tricks for new faculty at the “If I Knew Now What I Knew Then” panel on April 6th.
- Deb Ortega, Sarah Pessin, Jerron Lowe, and Lloyd Moore for co-moderating the audience questions at the Provost’s Conference “Equity-Minded Faculty Workloads by Design.”
- And everyone else who attended or supported a VPFA event!