Advanced Title IX Investigator Training and Certification
July 10 - August 12
As Title IX 2020 Final Regulations and accompanying OCR Guidance continue to unfold, so do the complexities involved in sexual harassment cases that universities must address. Even experienced investigators need space to further refine and enrich their investigative skills. This training will provide learning space and allow experienced investigators to refine and advance their investigative skills while obtaining invaluable insights from our expert faculty and their peers.
Join us this July for a virtual advanced-level investigator certification training. This training is specifically designed for seasoned investigators with three or more years of experience. This is a hands-on workshop that gives experienced investigators the information they need to expand and sharpen their knowledge, increasing their competency for investigating some of the most complex Title IX cases in higher education.
With the help of our expert speaker panel, you will dive deeper into the following topics:
- The 2020 Final Regulations’ mandates for investigations
- Advanced questioning and evidence-gathering techniques
- Addressing inconsistent or nonsensical statements
- Handling a difficult witness
- Preparing the credibility analysis for decision-makers
- Drafting a fair, neutral, and comprehensive investigative report
- Autonomy, neutrality, and objectivity
At conclusion, you will receive a certificate of completion documenting your participation in this Advanced Title IX Investigator workshop. You will come away with greater knowledge and proficiency for investigating complex sexual harassment formal complaints on your campus.