An overview from the COVID-19 Response Team
Regarding spring break travel:
- If faculty remain on their current testing schedule and don’t travel, they won’t have to quarantine.
- Faculty who are 14 days post-second vaccinations shot and who have uploaded their vaccination cards to HCC will be able to avoid quarantine even if they travel.
Regarding preparing for spring term:
- Faculty who have been vaccinated still have to wear masks and test on schedule.
- Faculty should teach in their assigned modality from the first day of the term;
- Faculty should not take their class fully online after/for a positive test in their class unless contacted by the contact tracing office;
- Faculty will be informed if someone in their class has tested positive only if the faculty member was closer than 6 feet to the student for more than 15 minutes. Distancing protocols are such that this unlikely to happen;
- Faculty should expect that some students will already be in quarantine/isolation on the first day of class;
The university will continue to test faculty, staff, and students frequently. The testing protocol varies by the risk of contact associated with the faculty, staff, or student role. Retesting will remain mandatory in the spring and access to campus will be revoked for not following the testing protocols. This is true for faculty, staff, and students.