Are you inspired by the 2021–2022 Workload Equity Committee report? Have you been charged by your unit leadership with developing policies and practices around workload equity? Are you recognizing that the way that faculty labor is distributed, taken-up, and rewarded is unfair for historically marginalized faculty—especially women faculty of color? Apply to join the 2023 Department Equity Action Plan (DEAP) team and dive deeply into this work.
DEAP teams range in size depending on department, program, or unit, but 3–6 faculty members work well. If you have questions about assembling a team, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each DEAP will commit to attend:
- One 1.5 day retreat in the Denver metro area (June 3–9)
- Four all-cohort workshops (4–6 hours total)
- Two working sessions (2–4 hours total)
- One capstone celebration (1 hour, January 2024)
- DEAP team meetings and consultations as appropriate
- Administer department workload survey (January 2023)
- Draft dashboard instrument (June 2023)
- Submit department equity action plan (December 2023)
Each team will have $5000 to support the project (e.g., data analysis, staff support, professional development, or stipends for summer work.)
The first DEAP cohort is completing their dashboards and will present their equity action plans to the campus in spring quarter.
- DEAPs Data Dashboard workshop was held on Friday, October. 21 from 10:00 – 11:00 am, and featured Katie Schroeder, Assistant Director of Faculty Data Support who discussed the ways that Watermark Faculty Success (formerly Activity Insight) might be helpful in workload equity efforts. Congratulations on the first cohort of DEAPs as they submit their dashboards.